Businesses of any size are ripe for cyber attacks. In fact, many small business owners feel that they are outside of the “danger zone” due to their size. The truth is that business size is of no matter to hackers or cybercriminals. Measures must be taken to protect your business, your employees, and your data from cybercriminals.
Download Our Free Benefits Guide
Download our Benefits Brochure to see how we can provide Fortune 500-level benefits at a fraction of the cost.Download Guide
Whether you have your own IT department or are planning on outsourcing, there are several simple steps you can take to minimize your risk of cyber threats.
- Use a firewall for all internet connections.
- Ensure available software updates are made regularly to operating systems.
- Require individual user accounts vs. department or team accounts.
- Require passwords to be changed on a regular basis.
- Train employees on cybersecurity, including best practices for creating a strong password, how to protect customer or sensitive data and information, and guidelines for internet usage.
- Limit access to data systems. Employees should only be given access to the systems they need for day-to-day work.
Blocking cyber threats or attacks do not have to be expensive or difficult to implement. The Small Business Association created a self-paced training for small businesses to learn about cybersecurity for their business.
Vensure Employer Services offers cyber protection as a supplementary benefit for businesses of any size. Contact us today to learn more.
[vc_single_image image=”7394″ img_size=”full” qode_css_animation=””]
Schedule a Call
Learn more about VensureHR and how we can make an impact on your business.Contact VensureHR