Update Applicable to:
All employers in New Jersey.
On February 4, 2019, Governor Murphy signed Bill A-15 into law, which sets to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour by 2024.
What are the details?
Effective January 1, 2022, the following minimum wage increases will go into effect due to Bill A-15:
- Most employers: increase from $12 to $13 per hour.
- Tipped employees: increase from $4.13 to $5.13 per hour.
- Seasonal and small employers (fewer than 6 employees): increase from $11.10 to $11.90 per hour.
- Agricultural employees: increase from $10.44 to $10.90 per hour.
- Long-term care facility staff: from $15 to $16 per hour.
For more information, please see the links below:
What do employers need to do?
Employers should review the information above and their payroll policies, and make changes to comply with the law.