Arizona Implements Enhanced COVID-19 Mitigation Measures
Governor Doug Ducey issued Executive Order 2020-40, placing new requirements on businesses related to COVID-19 spread prevention.
What are the details?
On June 17, 2020, Governor Ducey announced that guidelines from a previous executive order (2020-36) would now be required. The law requires basic precautions be taken from each business and include:
- Ensure physical distance for all employees
- Providing facemasks for all employees
- Requiring usage of facemasks where physical distancing is not possible
- Requiring symptom checks of employees before their shift
- Requiring that sick employees stay home
- Creating policies in the workplace to promote increased employee hygiene
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of the workplace For a more detailed breakdown of each requirement, please click here.
What do employers need to do?
Employers should review the new required guidelines and update any policies that do not fit with the guidelines provided in EE2020-36. Look to purchase facemasks for employees who are required to use them.