Some business took a significant impact from COVID-19, whereas others have found even greater levels of success. So how do surviving businesses thrive in a new normal?
Here are some tips to assist businesses grow during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Selecting the Right HR Software
Like any major business decision, the key to making a well-informed choice of product or services is to conduct due diligence. Here are some first steps to tackling the essentials in researching and selecting the right HR software.
- Explore Trends: Whether you’re already following the current marketplace trends or just starting to explore them, it is important to stay informed of market trends as they pertain to business essentials like payroll and HR. It wouldn’t be beneficial to purchase an outdated or inefficient software. Check out the features and develop a checklist of what’s important to your business operations. Are you looking for something that reduces the amount of time spent on a particular task? Is it within your allocated budget?
- Request Demos: Most HR software companies provide an opportunity for a free demo of their products. If they don’t have a form fill, be sure to reach out and request a demo of whatever product(s) you are interested in. Make sure to pace yourself and ask questions to fully understand all the features available. Try to avoid demos within a single demo. Use your checklist and see what the product fulfills and explore what it doesn’t. If you’re impressed, don’t be scared to ask for the provider to customize a particular feature you’d like to implement. This can help narrow which product is more suitable for your business needs.
- Ask Questions: Come with questions! If you don’t understand something or want the sales representative to elaborate on how a particular feature will benefit your specific business need, ask him/her.
- Review Testimonials: A majority of businesses should have client reviews or testimonials available, whether they be available through a product or service review site or hosted on the company’s website. If you do not see any available, do not hesitate to ask for current and/or past client reviews to gauge firsthand experiences before investing in the company’s service or product.
Outsourcing HR Services
While it is not always available or suitable for businesses, outsourcing your HR services can alleviate time allotted for these necessary, but mundane tasks and allow business owners to refocus on what matters most: building their business. Outsourcing HR services can offer great benefits to both employers and employees, as well as overall increase your business efficiencies and health.
Some advantages of outsourcing HR services include:
- Access to HR software customized to your business needs
- End-to-end solutions, from recruiting and onboarding to employee retention and separation
- Dedicated HR experts to ensure compliance and development training
- Cost-savings with an all-in-one HR solution
Investing in Strategic Partnerships
A great way to find the right HR software and avoid outsourcing HR services is to invest in a strategic partnership. For example, partnering with a professional employer organization (PEO) like VensureHR, can offer you even more than industry-leading HR services and products. VensureHR has a full suite of services and benefits that can help your business better serve its clients and take care of your employees. Our services including HR, consist of payroll, employee benefits, safety and risk management, and workers’ compensation. If you’re interested in learning more about partnering with VensureHR, please contact us.
Source: Business 2 Community