20 Aug AMC® Re-opens: Here’s What We Can Learn
AMC® has re-opened more than 100 theaters across the United States just in time to celebrate a century of movies at AMC® and Labor Day weekend. As COVID-19 maintains a worldwide presence, individuals may be hesitant to visit their nearest AMC® location.
AMC® Safety and Health Protocols
AMC® is adamant that it is following all state and federal regulations and has provided the following policies and procedures in an effort to provide peace of mind to all customers.
Safety and Health Policies
- Like most public-facing businesses, facemasks are required for both AMC® staff and moviegoers. Basing their policies and procedures on World Health Organization guidelines, AMC® provides that “[n]eck gaiters, open-chin bandanas[,] and masks with vents or exhalation valves are not acceptable.” However, facemasks will be available for purchase at theaters for $1, and all facemasks may be removed to enjoy food and drinks during viewing.
- Physical distancing is being enforced with floor markers and posters placed for friendly reminders.
- Theaters have reduced auditorium capacities to 40% or less based on municipality guidelines. AMC® has updated its ticketing system to automatically ensure seating is properly spaced to maintain physical distancing within the auditoriums.
- Ticketing and concierge services offer contactless payment options with credit, debit, or AMC® gift cards all accepted. Cash is still an acceptable form of payment, except at concessions or MacGuffins® Bar.
- To reduce lines and expedite services, AMC® has temporarily condensed its menus to simple selections, such as popcorn, hot dogs, candy, nachos, and drinks. Condiments, lids, napkins, and straws have been removed to deter touch points, but are available upon request. Refills are also temporarily unavailable.
- Ensuring staff health and safety, AMC® is conducting daily health screenings (i.e., temperature screening before shifts), frequent hand washing, and health self-checks (i.e., if someone shows symptoms, they are required to self-quarantine until symptom-free for at least 72-hours).
While following state, municipal, and other recommended health and safety guidelines, AMC® has also implemented cleaning policies and procedures, including:
- Electrostatic disinfectant sprays maximizing surface coverage and adequately disinfect surfaces
- HEPA filter vacuums proven to trap 99.97% airborne particles
- Upgraded MERV-13 air filters
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting common areas and frequently touched surfaces (i.e., doors, trays, handrails, counters, etc.)
Exclusive Offers and Updates
To welcome its customers back, AMC® has provided exclusive offers, such as:
- Movies in 2020 at 1920 Prices
- Classic treats for $5 each
- Double points for AMC® Stubs members
- First month of A-List for only $5
AMC® has also updated its AMC® Stubs membership benefits, including:
- Rewards (i.e., birthday rewards, freebies, discounts) that expired while theaters were closed are extended through October 31
- Premiere memberships are extended by eight months to ensure full 12-month membership benefits are fulfilled
- Self-service options to re-activate A-List memberships
As nonessential businesses are re-opening, now is the time to review employee handbooks, trainings, and OSHA regulations and compliance for state-specific requirements. If you need help updating, reviewing, and ensuring compliance and adequate health and safety standards for your business, contact VensureHR. Our HR specialists can provide you the tools, resources, and support you need to re-open your business successfully.