The human resource industry is constantly changing and has since its early inception. Professional employer organizations (PEOs) serve many HR functions for businesses of all sizes. With technology and other trends having a dramatic impact on the shift in the HR industry, it is important for human resource providers to maintain diligence in adapting to such changes.
Some HR trends on the rise include working remote, employee wellness, continued learning and development, and innovating the recruitment and hiring processes. While some of these trends are still being developed and refined, human resource agencies and individuals are acknowledging and remaining proactive in educating and acquiring the proper tools for success.
- Cloud-based HR: Like with most technology, there are many cloud-based solutions for HR purposes that can assist remote workers communicate and share documents with ease.
- Project Management and Communications: Aside from phones, email, and instant messaging, there are project management tools available to simply organization of multiple projects for a given department or even an entire company. Trello and Slack are popular project management platforms. As for communications, tools like Microsoft Teams provide multiple options of communication, such as video conferencing, web calling, and web chat or instant message features.
- Virtual Co-working Spaces: Virtual co-working spaces are virtual rooms where teams can communicate with each other via videoconferencing. This allows employees to conduct meetings with entire teams in various locations.
- Tele or Web-based Health Services: Tele or web-based services provide virtual accessibility to healthcare service providers which could reduce costs and time spent out of the office (and in doctors’ offices).
- Incentivized Healthcare: Providing incentives for employees to practice self-care and the resources to do so can improve overall employee wellness. Some unique incentives might be sponsored wellness activities, discounts or prepaid gym memberships, leasing commercial space with built-in gyms and healthy eating options, or a central location within walking or biking distance for a majority of employees. The most significant way to incentivize healthcare is to offer irresistible, competitive employee benefit packages.
- Work from Home: Working remotely helps with mental health stability, as well as work productivity, both of which are mutually beneficial for employer and employees.
Continued Learning and Development
- Performance Management: Continued learning and development is one of the top requested and necessary employee benefits. Performance management is a great tool to determine areas that are working, both on an individual and company scale. Performance management tools typically track and report progress toward goals through learning, performance, and business data lending solutions based on accurate data and analyses. Incorporating relevant courses, seminars, and conferences have long been utilized in training programs, but expanding training to include on-the-job training, mentoring, and other digital learning opportunities can strengthen company culture and employee knowledge.
- “Brandividuals”: Essentially “brandividiuals” is leveraging employees’ social media presence to market a company’s brand. These individuals serve as brand ambassadors and absolve most of the work in developing a vast and dynamic audience reach. Incorporating such an emphasis on implementing the perspective of individuals carrying or building the company’s brand also ensures that employees understand the brand, which also helps in selling the brand.
- Use of Artificial Intelligence: Artificial intelligence is utilized in the workplace through two different approaches. One way is to design and facilitate interactive learning that supports education through hands-on activities. The other way is to design and implement educational systems through instructions that adapt with an individual’s education progress.
Recruiting and Hiring Process
- Chatbots: Chatbots provide augmented analytics, automation, manages communications, scheduling, and customizes algorithms for screening questions allowing efficient and effective onboarding processes.
- Communication Apps: PathMotion and Honeypot are great HR platforms that help connect employers and current employees with prospective employees. MindMatch and HRForecast allow recruiters and HR professionals to narrow their candidate pool through matched profiles that align with their budget, job requirements, and other factors that may be considered. All four apps are available on the web and mobile-friendly.
- Gamification: Gamification provides a fun way to measure personality and skills, which in turn helps with reskilling jobs, provides jobs analyses, and creates new workflow solutions. For example, the Myers-Briggs personality test is used as a general overview of a person’s personality traits employer’s like to use for reference in determining a cultural fit.
PEOs are a great avenue for efficient and effective HR solutions. VensureHR, a leader in HR, provides competitive and innovative solutions, including development and compliance training, performance evaluation and process improvement, and hiring practices. From safety and health programs to DISC training, VensureHR values its role as your partner in HR services. Contact VensureHR today to learn more about our pioneering efforts to help you remain an HR leader.